Park Rapids Community Fish House Information.
Community Fish House Guidelines and Rules
All persons using the Fish house must sign-up for a time slot, before using.
- Sign-up can only be done in person, at the Smokey Hills Outdoor Store.
- Located on Hwy 71 N, Park Rapids. Winter hours 8am–6pm. No phone calls please.
- Timeslots available to use the house: 8am-12pm OR 1pm-5pm
- Only one timeslot per group per day, no more than 2 bookings per week in advance
- If the house is available the current day, exceptions can be made
Requirements to use the fish house
- Valid Drivers license
- Persons under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. No under 18 bookings
- Liability form signed before using the fish house
- Persons using the fish house must perform an inspection of the fish house for damage and an inventory of equipment before using
- If any equipment is missing or damaged, they must immediately notify Mike Swanson 218-371-1202.
- The person booking the fish house will be responsible for damages to the fish house or equipment
- Own transportation to and from the fish house.
- All applicable DNR fishing licenses are required to fish.
We will supply:
- Propane for heating
- Fishing rods and tackle
- Vexilar on request
- Pre-drilled holes
You need to bring
- Bait (Available at Smokey Hills Outdoor Store)
- Snacks and drinks
The use of the house is free, made possible by people and businesses in our community.
Please leave it the way you would like to find it!
A donation box is available when signing up, to help cover some of the cost of running this program.
Most Important: HAVE FUN FISHING!
NO Alcohol or Smoking is allowed in the fish house.
Failure to follow the guidelines and rules can lead to a ban of using the Community fish house
If you would like to reserve the Community fish house, please contact us.