Camping at the lake? Here’s what you’re going to need!
A steady flow of of loaded boat trailers find their way north on any given Friday. Smiling drivers are filled with anticipation for a fun and relaxing weekend in God’s great wilderness. Families have come to the Park Rapids “Vacationland” for generations, passing down traditions like always making a stop at Itasca State Park, parking in the center of Main Street for shopping downtown, heading to Emmaville to read the signs such as “Weeds Free! – Pick your own.” and for the past 5 or 6 years, asking the guys at Smokey Hills Outdoor Store where the fish are biting and getting all of the outdoor gear for the weekend.
The mosquitoes are abundant up north! Ask us where to find the following products to put a damper on the bug’s feast:
- Repel® brand “Camp Fogger” – spray a perimeter around your cabin or camping area to reduce the number of bugs willing to risk death to get to your skin.
- Thermacell® Outdoor Lanterns provide a second layer of defense and will keep a good amount of mosquitos out of a 5′ x 5′ area.
- 3M’s “Ultrathon” insect repellent spray can be applied to your clothing and your skin as a final layer of protection.
While staying at the lake, you may as well catch your supper. Ask Josh how to catch the fish and where to find these lures:
- Northland® spinnerbaits & buzz baits only $2.99 ea
- The “Long Shank” Jig from KenKatch Tackle of Bemidji, Mn
- Slay the crappies with the Flu Flu jig by Double OO™
When it comes time to start your fire and cook your fresh fillets, you should be prepared with:
- Rapala® 7″ Fillet Knife with sheath for $24.99
- Olympia® camp lighter and bottle opener in one only $6.99
- Shorelunch™ fish breading
- Frying Saucer’s Outdoor cooker for $139.99 or Stansport’s cast iron frying pan for $28.99
After filling your belly and watching the sunset, you’re going to need a place to sleep:
- Are you often mistaken for Paul Bunyan? Are you immune to poison ivy? Is your skin so callused that mosquitoes can’t penetrate it? Then just sleep next to the fire & under the stars in a Coleman® double sleeping bag.
- Do you trust your weatherman? Can you snuggle with wild bears & retrieve honey from bee hives? Do you enjoy sleeping in saunas? Then look for the Coleman® 2-man tent and pray that mother nature doesn’t blow away your $79 teepee with you inside.
- Option three is the best option. Stay protected from the storms, bears & bugs in a climate controlled Ice Castle Itasca Vacation Series RV. We can’t think of a better way to spend $187.50 a month!